Sunday, December 26, 2010

THE EMBRACE


Sometimes it's better to put love into hugs than to put it into words. ~Author Unknown

THE EMBRACE

I can’t remember where I was, but the news on television caught my eye a few weeks ago. The scene has played over and over in my mind the past several weeks. A soldier, wounded by an improvised explosive device (IED) in Afghanistan, had just walked down the steps of an airplane where he was greeted by his family. As the news made light of the continued war, my focus was on the hug this young soldier had with his father.

It wasn’t so much it was a father-son hug more than a mother-son, mother-daughter, father-daughter, but it was the hug itself. It was how I knew how thankful they were to see one another again. How they loved one another. It was one of those defining moments when you look into someone’s eyes knowing that opportunity may not have been. The swell of emotions, the reflections of the past, when the heart swells like a rising tide, ready to pour out love that has been contained by time, or the thinking you have all the time in the world.

So it was in that hug, that embrace, between the father and son, that was another reminder to me that I shouldn’t, we shouldn’t, wait to tell or show someone we care. We shouldn’t wait to embrace them as if they would never be seen again, holding them near to the heart, just letting that loving energy flow, bringing peace and joy to the soul.

God created us to love, love Him and love one another.

Don’t wait

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home