Sunday, July 21, 2013

I Saw A Man Get Saved That Day............



Awake at 4:30am with voices running through my head,
sunrise is coming, get up and out of bed.  
I've seen them before, I'll see them again,
Just today, I thought I'd sleep in…..

What would I miss, if I didn't go…
That voice came back it wouldn't take no
So I grabbed my gear and headed to the shore,
God's grace to me was what he had in store…

Just before sunrise, the sky was aglow, 
with variations of color, a beautiful show.
I heard some voices as my shutter was snappin',
As I turned and look two fella's were talkin'.

The young man was real quick to tell me the story,
He was to be baptized and give God glory.
He was happy to see me with my camera and all,
To capture his image as he fulfilled his call.

The sun was about to rise above the horizon, the tide was moving in,
The dolphin playing in the background, I could see his dorsal fin.
The young man and the preacher, into the water they waded,
It was such a wonder to see what God had created.

The sun came up, his head went under,
The preacher was preaching, his voice echoing like thunder.
I saw a man get saved that day,
While I was talking pictures down by the bay.

I couldn't hear the preacher, the words he was saying,
But I felt the vibrations in my soul, and I too started praying.
For then I realized, those early morning voices in my head,
Where whispers of the angels pushing me out of my bed.

I looked at the shots when I got home,
I am so thankful those two weren't there alone.
Chains were broken through water and a prayers,
I only wish you too could have been there.

I saw a man get save that day,
While I was taking pictures down by the bay.
I know a man who was saved that day,
While he was taking pictures down by the bay.





Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow Dave- this reminds me of Mark 2:13-14. - Kevin H. (LFW)

11:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am the man that was saved that day.
It was a blessed day for the both of us. Only God would of had you in place to not only witness my baptism but share in the blessing. Thank you for the beautiful poem.

Have a blessed day,
Damon Catching

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home