Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sunrise



“With each sunrise, we start anew”


New Years Eve morning I was up early and decided to take some pictures of the sunrise. This morning, looking at those pictures, I am stricken some by the parallel of a new a beginning of a New Year and beautiful sunrise.

Both can make you stop and think of a new beginning; of hope. New Year resolutions, looking back and committing to change, improve on ourselves, make new commitments. New Beginnings!

As the sun quickly gets higher in the sky and the year quickly begins to pass we lose the perspective, that awe inspiring moment when in our soul we feel encouragement and gratefulness to have seen another year come or just witnessed a beautiful sunrise. We slowly fall back into our own mental traps, and those set by others, and quickly lose our inner focus.

I challenge all of us to keep that feeling in our hearts all year long………each day is the beginning of the year. Every morning there is that beautiful sunrise…….picture it in your mind. Each day you look at your family and friends, look at them through your heart, with love.

The Sunrise

The morning was dark,
The air was cool,
The bay was still,
It took all my will.

I waited with patience,
As the sky was clear,
Alone on the bank,
Knowing whom to Thank.

The birds started to move,
A glow on the horizon appeared,
It wouldn’t be long,
They were singing a song.

It caught me by surprise,
It was all of a sudden,
I saw just a sliver,
It made me quiver.

In a few minutes,
There it was,
As if to say,
“Have a Great Day!”

Happy New Year all!! Hope you can catch a sunrise soon. Go to the beach, climb a mountain, or come visit me and we will go toghether!!

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home