Sunday, March 30, 2008

Angels Among Us













Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.
Exodus 23:20


A few years back while I was visiting my parents in Connecticut my mother and I were at her home alone. Where my father, Lori, and the kids were I can’t remember. But our conversation I will never forget.

“Dave, I need to tell you something I haven’t told anyone yet,” my mother started the conversation getting my attention. What she told me was this and I will put it in context to understand better.

Mr. Lemay was our longtime next door neighbor. His wife, who I called Mrs. Lemay, had died several years prior. He was a good man. A laypersron at the church. He and his wife would hire me to shovel their snow in the winter and they paid me generously. When Paul and I were young Mr. Lemay helped us build a go-cart.

Mr. Lemay had become very sick and at the end was at home being visited by nurses. My mother was working part-time in the mornings at a coffee shop and would wake up early.

One morning, about 4:00 am she said she went over to check-in on him to see how we was doing. As she walked into the house and toward the bedroom she could see him resting in bed but something was unusual. There had what appeared to my mother a white light, like a transparent illuminated fog around Mr. Lemay. My mother said as she approached and saw his face it was as if he was smiling and happy.

She did not disturb him. She just decided to let him rest peacefully and go to the coffee shop.

When she returned home that day she stopped by to see how Mr. Lemay was doing. She told him she had stopped by and he looked to be resting and she didn’t want to wake him from resting.

Mr. Lemay then asked my mother, “Did you see them? Did you see the angels?”

Was that fluorescent looking light hovering around Mr. Lemay angels? Is that why his face was apparently glowing in happiness in his sleeping state? Could this person have such a pure heart that the angels were comforting him during a time of physical pain and suffering?

Mr. Lemay was a good man and he took a special liking to my daughter Sarah, and she took one to him. When we heard word of Mr. Lemay dying we were all saddened and Sarah was very emotional. Something she doesn’t show much.

Mr. Lemay was a man who lived a simple life, and was simply a good man. We miss him and still love him.

NOTE: Picture or Sarah and Mr. Lemay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home